Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Every writer has a story

Everyone I know is suddenly blogging. I think I hit the writers must have a blog trend at exactly the wrong moment. Two friends who write have recently announced they have blogs. Both are fantastic writers but we're all at about the same spot in our travels. I have a lot to say, but most of it is fiction (or assigned articles - anyone want to know about the state of unemployment in Nevada as of August 2009?) I'm not in a place where I can offer advice to anyone other than keep writing and ideas like changing physical location can jar a stuck writing project into motion, or that habit/routine/ruts can be both benefical and harmful to getting projects completed.

So I've decided rather than trying to sound like I know what I'm talking about -- because I do know what I'm talking about, but it's my writing and my talking about and it may not work for anyone else -- I'm going to use my blog to update my goals, challenge anyone who is reading who wants a challenge to match my word counts (or challenge me to match theirs), to track and celebrate acceptances and try to stoically accept rejections and if here and there I learn something of value that seems worth sharing, I'll post it.

There are enough blogs out there I learn from -- just reading the ongoing journals of writers who are out there day to day in the trenches is an education in persistence, victory, story and plot, writing and rewriting, success and failure, publishing, editing and life. Every writer has a story. Until mine is far more advanced (success! Advanced as in success, not years!) I'm going to sit back, watch and comment only on the things I really know how to do -- write and send -- and the results, goals, challenges, hopes and dreams thereof.

No comments:

Post a Comment