Wednesday, September 30, 2009

I am so appalllingly sleepy. This is when normal people who had been up since 4:30 after going to bed at 12:30 would take a nap, but I am not normal.

Last night I wrote the article due today. I'd only intended to start it, but all the interviews were fresh and recent in my head and it started so I did - 650 words too much of it, which I managed to reduce to only 125 words too much of it this morning.

Today I finished the novelette! 10,360 words, which is probably close enough to 10,000 and anyway, this is first draft stuff, not being handed in yet. But it does mean I wrote 4040 words yesterday and 1228 by 8:00 a.m. today, which I'm pretty pleased with.

But sleepy. Dreadfully sleepy. And listen, is it just me or is it rude in a 24-hour state to edge the lawn at 8:15 a.m. on a Wednesday? ... probably just me.

OK, I give. Brief nap. After all, I'd given myself till noon on the fiction today and that still puts me 3 and 1/2 hours to the good, which I want to use cleaning another bookcase in my office (office is broken into 10 sectors for sanity during a once-a-year sanity and cleaning spree which is now a year late) and starting another story and maybe previewing the nonfiction I'll be doing post-lunch date. All that, and, but wait, there's more! But not until after the nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment